January 2012: Book Arts Resources
Lots of resources were shared at the January 2012 meeting of the Book Arts Guild of Vermont. Links to these resources are listed below.
You can also download a hard copy (pdf) of this list by clicking here.
Jim Krause design books:
- Color Index ISBN: 1440302626
- Design Basics Index ISBN: 071532053X
- Idea Index ISBN: 1581800460
- Layout Index ISBN: 1581801467
Living Into Art: Journeys Through Collage, by Lindsay Whiting. ISBN: 0615182941
Re-Bound: Creating Handmade Books from Recycled and Repurposed Materials, by Jeannine Stein. ISBN: 1592535240 (this includes the directions for making felted sweater books)
Between the Folds: A PBS documentary about origami.
There was a question about how Mod Podge is different from acrylic polymer. The following articles have lots to say on this topic:
- Using Glues and Adhesives in Altered Books or How do I Make it Stick?
- Summary of Various Art Mediums
- When doing collage/decoupage, is a varnish in addition to Mod-Podge needed?