CALL TO ARTISTS: There’s No Place Like Home
The Book Arts Guild of Vermont
invites artists working in book and paper arts to submit entries
for an upcoming exhibit
There’s No Place Like Home
June 4, 2013 – July 6, 2013
SUBJECT MATTER: Artist books and fine bindings inspired by the phrase, “There’s no place like home”.
- Membership in the Book Arts Guild of Vermont is required to participate in the exhibit.
- Membership dues may be paid with the registration form by adding the $35.00 membership fee.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: May 1, 2013
Work can be:
- Handed to Marcia Vogler at the Book Arts Guild meeting on May 8th.
- Mailed to Marcia Vogler: 1510 Hinesburg Road, Charlotte, VT 05445
- For special arrangements please contact Marcia Vogler by phone (802) 488-0461 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXHIBIT DATES: June 4, 2013 – July 6, 2013
OPENING RECEPTION: Thursday June 6, 2013 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
GALLERY LOCATION: 201 North Main Street, Barre, Vermont
GALLERY HOURS: Tuesday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Saturday 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
ENTRY FEE: $10.00 per entry (entry fees cover the costs of exhibit space, hanging, and publicity). Please make checks out to: Book Arts Guild of Vermont.
- All work to be mailed back to the artist must have pre-paid boxes or envelopes and a self-addressed label. Any packing material that needs to be returned with the book art should also be clearly/permanently labeled.
- You may submit up to 3 works for exhibit.
- All media will be considered as long as it relates to book arts and the exhibit theme.
- Each artist is guaranteed one entry for exhibition.
- All subsequent entries will be exhibited as gallery space allows.
- All 2-D work must be ready to hang.
- All 3-D work must be freestanding or have necessary cradles provided by the artist.
READING COPIES: Typed or photographed gallery reading copies are encouraged for multi-page artist books.
LABEL EVERYTHING: Artists must clearly & firmly label each submission with title and the artist’s name.
SALES: Artists must clearly indicate whether or not the work is for sale along with the price. The gallery commission is 35%.
INSURANCE & LIABILITY: While all due care will be taken with the artist’s work, neither Studio Place Arts nor the Book Arts Guild of Vermont will assume any liability for loss or damage however caused. Artists are encouraged to provide their own insurance on artwork in transit and during the exhibition. Submission of artwork constitutes acceptance of these terms.
PICK UP: At the end of the exhibit, works will be picked up by a member of the Guild’s Exhibit Committee and brought to the following Guild meeting on July 10, 2013. If you wish to make other arrangements, please contact Marcia Vogler.
FOR QUESTIONS: Please contact Marcia Vogler via Email: email@example.com